[bksvol-discuss] Re: newspapers

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 01:38:51 -0500

Hi all,

Aren't the Bookshare newspapers still in the beta stage? This would mean they are still technically being tested, and therefore some delays, or interrupted service, is to be expected. Right? I think it's great that everyone loves to read the papers and therefore misses them when they aren't up, but cut the "nice man" some slack guys! The support email is probably filled to over-flowing with the same message, the newspapers aren't up. The newspapers aren't up! The newspapers aren't up. And the listservs have this same message repeated too.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't say anything, or that feedback isn't helpful, but just that beta is beta. Let's save our collective action energy for something more crucial, okay? You know, for like when Merissa goes postal on us and demands that we scan and submit only books about deformed purple alien-killing rabbits or something?

Just my thoughts.

Allison H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane Jordan" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>