[bksvol-discuss] Re: new..not yet volunteering

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:42:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jo.

I didn't see anyh book by Jimmy Carter on global
warming on amazon, and I'm not quite sure what you
mean by popular. Do you mean a popular nonfiction
book, or might you be thinking of a novel? Michael
Crichton wrote a novel in which he debunks the idea of
global warming. It's in the collection and is titled
State of Fear. My daughter was very impressed and
accepted his arguments, especially since he footnotes
hius arguments. There's been a lot more published
since then, and shown on tv, and I'm not sure if he
still holds the same views, if he still thinks there's
a massive conspiracy. Anyway, it's an interesting book
to read,on a purely entertainingm suspenseful level.

Cindy