[bksvol-discuss] new submission

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:22:43 -0500

Hi guys,

I just submitted a book called The Control Of Nature by John McPhee.  All of
the essays in the book are interesting, but the first one is directly
related to current events of today.  Though written in 1989, it discusses
how man's influence on the low lying area makes it worse for New Orleans.
It's eerie really how he describes the flooding we're seeing now and what
might have prevented it.  The other stories go along the same lines.  Nature
ultimately has the final word accrding to John McPhee.  Very neat and
newsorthy.

Ner