[bksvol-discuss] Re: new site volunteer challenge

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:26:25 -0600

Well, I can't remember when you could get a postcard for a penny or a stamp
for three, but I do remember typewriters, carbon paper, white out, those
erasers that didn't half do the job before that, and I do remember when
stamps went to a nickel.  I was in the fifth grade, and a mighty noise
issued from our house on account of the increase.  I was born in 1953, and I
consider that I got the best of both worlds--the old and the new!

Kathy