[bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreader questions

  • From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:56:48 -0700

Thanks, Roger — Madeleine already did check in, and what prevails is the
injunction to change no text in the books. So we are going to finesse the
difficult passages with [begin block quote] and [end block quote].

On Jul 20, 2015, at 5:45 PM, Roger Loran Bailey (Redacted sender
"rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If Bookshare has a different policy on this - and it does have some different
policies on some things - let Madeleine intervene here, but I can tell you
what I learned in high school English classes. That is, if the quotation is
clearly indicated to be a quotation by means such as indentation no quotation
marks are required. If quotation marks are used in a quotation that spans
multiple paragraphs the opening quotation mark should be used at the
beginning of the first paragraph and at the beginning of each subsequent
paragraph, but not at the end of any paragraph except the last paragraph in
which case the closing quotation mark is added.
On 7/20/2015 4:43 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hi Beverly,
I can’t help with the second question, but for the first one, no spaces.
Evan