[bksvol-discuss] Re: new proofreader questions

  • From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:54:40 -0700

OK, thanks! I believe [begin block quote] / [end block quote] will be helpful
in many instances, so I will do it everywhere to be consistent.

Beverly

On Jul 20, 2015, at 1:47 PM, Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hey Beverly,

Sorry for the delayed response—I was waiting for feedback from coworkers.
Evan is quite right: no space between the quotes. As for the second, please
do not add in quotes where there aren’t any. Keep it as it is in the text. I
realize that it’ll make block quotes a bit harder to follow, but I checked
with our Collection Development team and this is the guidance they gave me.
If it’s really not obvious that it’s a block quote without the smaller
formatting, put “begin block quote” in square brackets just before the quote,
and “end block quote” after. For example: [begin block quote]

Thanks,

Madeleine

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx