[bksvol-discuss] new page wrong place

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:29:26 -0400

Dear Volunteers,

Here's a new delimma. I wonder if these will ever stop cropping up.

I am validating a good scan of a book which had section breaks which always coincided with jaws telling the number of the page at its bottom and the next page immediately after at its top. Replacing section breaks with page breaks has been a routine job. My problem is that on page 25 of the text, jaws, in that lower tone announced the end of page 25 (pages 38 and 39) two paragraphs before the actual end of the page. 38 and 39 are correct because they count the 14 pages of material before the numbered pages begin. I have the print book so I know jaws is announcing them too soon. Then the jaws voice skips naming the next page but starts at the right number at the bottom of page 27, but one line too soon.

I've had no luck trying to move or delete these jaws numbers.

Any help would be appreciated since I'm trying to validate faster, though I'll never be actually speedy since I read all of the books I validate.

Thanks in advance.

Always with love,

Lissi