[bksvol-discuss] Re: new online scanning and proofreading manual

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:19:23 -0700

Folks,

We need to keep in mind that while a wiki page feels like a duck and quacks
like a duck it doesn't taste like a duck to some software.

While HTML is globally standardized wiki markup language is not. Some of what
works for HTML pages, like navigating headings by pressing H, may not work at
all on a wiki page.

Which, if any, of these sorts of shortcuts work for you in this wiki document?
Which screen reader are you using as you test this?

Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow, Bookshare Volunteer Department