[bksvol-discuss] Re: new books "language"

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:38:09 -0500

Sue, didn't say we were labeling people. I said language labels. A K A a label on a book indicating what language it is. The lil line that says, language: Spanish, or language: English. It's there as one arrows down a book description. And, My point was that, such a line need not be on the book's basic description. That purpose may be best served on the download page.

It's all in my message below. Hope that clarifies. I had thought I had been specific originally. Let me know if it's still not. <smile>.

Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>

HHey! We are not labeling people by giving them choices of language. We give choices of brf or daisy. Prat's idea sounds okay, but we can down arrow quickly and scroll past it. <smile> No offense meant, though Allison.

Sue S.

From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>

There may be some inherent value in keeping that option. But as it's an
optional info field, it should be moved down for quicker processing. Most
titles are likely to be in english and most individuals will not need to
make changes to the field.

Pratik

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mary Otten

Tracy,
I like your suggestions. I really can't see why one needs a language
indicator at all. Can't we tell from a foreign language title that the
book
is in that language? I can see a value to be able to search for a given
language, of course, but when I see the title, I know its either a
language
I underrstand, and hence know what language it is, or I don't, in which
case, it doesn't much matter. Those who do know that language will
know. But if you must indicate language with each book, please put it
after
all other relevant info.
Mary