[bksvol-discuss] Re: new books

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:46:22 -0600

Some people seem to have the impression that people are lazy and they try to
save mouse users effort by not making them click an extra time.  That is why
those combo-boxes exist.  Mouse users can just highlight the item they want
and be tossed to the resulting page.  The problem is that highlighting
something is a side affect of getting it read with a screen reader.  Same
reason you have to get annoyed with canceling reading the A drive on your
computer at times when you are just trying to read past it with the down
arrow.  At least that can be avoided by going to the list view in explorer,
and the combo-boxes can be controlled with the alt-down-arrow command.  If
there is a way to manage lists that do the same thing I haven't discovered
the technique.  Am I just ignorant, or are they still a genuine problem?

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/