[bksvol-discuss] Re: new bestsellers for this week

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:50:03 -0700

last time I checked I thought I had saw it as getting ready for someone to proofread, could have been another book though, Chela ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Peters" <rpet@xxxxxxx>

To: "Bookshare Vol Group" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 4:48 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: new bestsellers for this week

Are you going to scan the Evolution of God, as I was about to purchase it?
RKP

Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx> 7/10/2009 1:33 PM >>>
Hi gang,

It appears that there's some confusion about the bestsellers that I process each week, so I thought I'd put out this week's new bestsellers to the group. Cindy will put them on her being scanned list, but I just want to emphasize that these books will be processed inhouse or by our subcontractors. No need for anyone else to scan them!

The new ones are:
THE HELP, by Kathryn Stockett
THE APOSTLE, by Brad Thor
HIDDEN CURRENTS, by Christine Feehan
WHAT HAPPENS IN LONDON, by Julia Quinn
STRAIGHT FROM THE HIP, by Susan Mallery
RAPTURE, by Jacquelyn Frank

Actually this week's crop of bestsellers is really weird. There are 4 books in the top 10 bestseller lists that have been in the collection for months or years, but it's only now that they've made it into the top echelon. Maybe it's because some have been made into recent movies. They are:
THE EVOLUTION OF GOD, by Robert Wright
JULIE AND JULIA, by Julie Powell
THE MACKADE BROTHERS: DEVIN & SHANE, by Nora Roberts
PUBLIC ENEMIES, by Bryan Burrough

Since they are already in the collection, no need to scan them either!

Thanks, Carrie