[bksvol-discuss] Re: neophyte question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:27:41 -0400

The page numeration is not continuous, so something has to be done. It does appear that there were blank pages that the submitter did not scan. I think I would insert those blank pages.

On 6/18/2012 6:18 PM, John Simpson wrote:

I have about completed my first proofreading. I think I have just about everything, but I do have two questions:

1) The first text in the book has a title of ALSO BY ARTHUR BLACK followed by a list of his other works. This appears to be something that should be in the Back Matter and not in the Front Matter. Any suggestions -- should I leave it where it is or should I moved to the back?

2) The first section of the book (labeled Part 1) and its title are alone on a page. Following this is a blank page, with a page number. The second and subsequent sections of the book do not have a blank page following the section title, but the next page with text has a page number that would indicate there should be a blank page. For example, the Part 2 title is on page 39, and the subsequent page is numbered 41. Should I introduce a page break and a blank page notation where they are missing, or just leave it alone?

Thank you very much for any input.

John Simpson