[bksvol-discuss] Re: need some help with a book

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 04:26:38 -0700

Hi, Monica, welcome to the list. Kim here. If you are running Windows XP,
you don't need another program to unzip your files because as part of the
file menu, one of the choices is "extract all". If you follow the prompts,
you really don't have to worry too much about where your files will go. If
you are downloading files from Bookshare, when you save your file, your name
will be mentioned as part of the file name followed by "zip" file extension.
Just make sure you know where you want your files to end up. I found this
out the hard way when I first started out. Don't forget to use your tab key
until you hear "save in", then you can use your arrow keys to be sure your
files are going where you want them to go. I'll bet you this is extraneous
advice and you probably know this already, right? Anyhow, if you are a
non-technogeek like me, I'll be happy to help you out. I did learn how to
unzip files and discovered what to ignore and what to take note of. If you
still have problems, write me off list and I will go into excruciating
detail and you will hear of my foibles and successes in this area. Regards,
Kim Friedman.

  _____