[bksvol-discuss] Re: need advice and recommendations about something

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:40:48 -0600

It's been a while since I looked, but I believe NLS had some Spanish learning books on cassette. If you're a member, you could check them out.

Melissa Smith

On 2/23/2011 5:31 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:
Doug and I did a Spanish textbook that was requested and put in the collection last fall. I am not sure if it is what you are looking for, but it is called Essential Repaso and can be found here:

http://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/193241?returnPath=L3NlYXJjaD9rZXl3b3JkPWVzc2VudGlhbCByZXBhc28mc2VhcmNoPVNlYXJjaCY%3D

Let me know if it meets your needs or not. Having said that, most people learn conversational Spanish in audio since I am not sure how the speech engines will handle mixed language presentation and pronunciation.

 Valerie

Speech recognition in use ... I talk, it listens, sometimes we make mistakes! ;-)

On Feb 23, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Jamie Prater wrote:

Hi, I want to learn Spanish and I know bookshare has Spanish language titles, and I have looked a little bit in some of the educational categories, and I can't find a textbook for learning Spanish. Can anybody recommend any good books on conversational Spanish and how to search for what seems like a needle in a haystack in bookshare's collection of reference and educational and textbooks and other educational materials? I want to be a missionary and teach English as a second language but I want to be able to converse as fluently as possible in Spanish as I want to particularly minister to the Hispanic population. Thanks and have a blessed day.