[bksvol-discuss] Re: mystery dash

  • From: Rhonda Clark <rwg1953@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:13:36 -0500

I'm hoping for some help here, as I would love to proofread Braille text for
Bookshare.  I'm having trouble downloading a book.  I am running 6.11 on a
BrailleNote.  The following is a message Peter sent me, and I'm hoping one of
you can help.  When I get to the bottom of the page where it says "download", I
enter.  I just get beeps.  It doesn't download anything, nor does it ask me
where I want to save the book.  Here is his message.

  You probably already know that you must have at least version 6 of the
Braille Note firmware.  I believe the current version is 6.2.  You must also be
sure to install the Key Web utility as specified in Appendix 4 of the Braille
Note manual.  Key Web does not come automatically configured on the Braille
Note.  Finally, when downloading and attempting to access a Bookshare file be
certain you have downloaded the BRF (Grade 2 BR-AILLE) version of the book.
The BN will not be able to decrypt the DAISY format books.