[bksvol-discuss] Re: my wrists, and scanning this monster

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:11:47 -0800 (PST)

Books keep getting bigger and heavier. It not only
makes scanning difficult, but lifting books, as I do
when I work in the library (wanding requests) is
difficult. Soetimes I need to use two hands. I suspect
the last Harry Potter will be big, too. each one
seemed bigger than the last. Sometimes I wonder if
it's because books cost so much; the publishers and
authors feel they have to make those who buy them feel
as if theyre getting something for their money. smile

Cindy