[bksvol-discuss] Re: my own questions about K1000

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:44:36 -0600

Thank you for clarifying.  I think perhaps the tech support person who said
SSIL didn't work anymore had forgotten that Windows 98 was the operating
system being discussed.

I have been trying to use either keynote software speech or the braille note
with Kurzweil without success.  It worked a few versions ago, but doesn't
work for me anymore even in Windows 98.  A friend of mine can't get her
DEC-Talk Express to work with Kurzweil version 9 in Windows 98.  Evidently
SSIL can work, but doesn't always.  Should we keep fighting to install our
problem synthesizers?

I am also happy to find that Kurzweil can use hardware synthesizers in
Windows 2000 and Xp when the manufacturers bother to make a 32 bit driver.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/