[bksvol-discuss] Re: my own questions about K1000

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:53:29 -0600

I have been told, and found it to be true in my experience, that the latest
versions of Kurzweil aren't actually capable of using SSIL synthesizers any
more.  I realize that the drivers don't exist for some of them for use in
XP, but it sounded like they wouldn't work in older versions of Windows
either, even though you are asked if you want to install one.  I don't
understand why they would say they don't work if they do, why they would
make them not work if there are drivers, or why if they don't work, why the
installation would ask you if you wanted to install SSIL support for a
device.  Can anyone give me some enlightenment?

How have you succeeded in using a double talk, and in what version of
Windows with what software?  Not that it really matters, since I don't have
one.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/