[bksvol-discuss] Re: my disappointment

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:51:19 -0700

You know, Jill; unfortunately, you are making an important point. I personally know two people who did not renew Bookshare memberships because of the quality of the books--they both expect perfection.

I have read several books from Bookshare with some errors--maybe thirty or so--and that does not bother me, but the quality of the books in the Bookshare collection are Bookshare and convey to members what is acceptable.

I agree with you that a validator or a submitter must read a book through in order to discover errors. I have read through every book I have submitted, and I have read through every book I have validated. I'm certainly far from perfect and know that sometimes when I put the word "header" in to protect something else that the word has not been stripped; I feel bad about that.

I'm not sure of the answer, but sympathize with your concern.

Cat Lover Lori who wants everyone who has ever joined Bookshare to recomend it to others and to rave about the quality of the books

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>