[bksvol-discuss] Re: my book scan in process, question

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:55:46 -0400

Generally speaking, when someone posts what they are scanning on this list it is right after they have uploaded it to the checkout list. It does strike me as more useful, though, if we would start posting what we are scanning as soon as we start or, if we are sure we are going to do it, prior to scanning. That could alert proofreaders to whether they want to proof it or not. Unfortunately, that sounds a bit unfair to volunteers who do not subscribe to this list. I do agree, though, that that should be all that is necessary. There was a time that the books being scanned list was useful, but I do think it has been outmoded. Just how many books would be on that list compared to the well over three thousand books that have been added to the collection just in the last twenty-four hours?

On 8/29/2014 9:47 PM, Judy s. wrote:
Hi  Cindy,

People really don't post what they're scanning. Also, quite a few volunteers, maybe most?, aren't on this list either, so I guess I'm going to echo Sue. I mean this totally kindly, but it really seems like a wasted time and effort on your part, especially as you do so many other valuable things, like getting printed copies of books to help when someone has a scrambled page.

Judy s.
On 8/29/2014 8:25 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
no offense taken; we'll see if people ld do post what they're scanning. Have hey been?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Sue Stevens <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Cindy,
    If people are going to post what they are scanning too this list,
    it seems that for you to keep a list would just be wasted time
    and effort on your part. I mean, the only people who would know
    about it are people on this list. I hate to see you waste your
    valuable time and effort. I mean this kindly, so I hope you do
    not take offense.
    Sue S.