[bksvol-discuss] Re: my 2 cents about guide dogs

  • From: "Tina Birnenbaum" <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:31:41 -0700

They ARE taught as are their people to ignore distraction but of course, they
are dogs not robots so will try and say hi and get away with doggie things now
and then and a convention is not a normal siguation for anyone so that may be
adding more stress on them but it is really up to the handler of guode service
or whatever to keep that dog under control as best they can and get help with
problems they can't solve on their own and i have heard many stories of other
service dogs not behaing either and their people doing nothing so,
unfortunately, it is just everywhere and is up to you to set a good as example
as you can.