[bksvol-discuss] Re: moving, need help with raw scans

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:47:49 -0800 (PST)

Well, there's no hurry. You  can put up maybe put up 25 or so at a time.  Some
you should be able to submit some  with dial-up; I think I had dial up back
when I was scanning, but maybe I didn't; it was so long ago I don't remember.
Anyway, libraries now  have Internet connections, and you live near a library
you can upload from there--or some cities, and places like Starbucks have free
wifi (I don't even know for sure what that that means) but I think it's free
access to the ''net. Or maybe you can email them to Carrie at bookshare, and
she can submit them a few at a time for you. Maybe that wouldn't be against the
rules since you're sending the scans to bookshare, just as people mail books to
bookshare. You can ask if that would be o.k.

Or just submit all of them, with a note in the comments that they're rough
scans and people will take download them as they can. You can rate them as
Good, because they won't be accepted if they're rated as Poor; I son't know
abour Fair.I thinnk they'll accept Fair. Thenyu can put hold for on some for
Grandma Cindy and for Jll and for anyone else who offers.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: