[bksvol-discuss] Re: more clean fiction

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:54:08 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry--I didn't finish my post. I was going to say that now, other sections are
fiction and nonfiction, and a list of individual titles and authors. I think
the latter might be in alphabetical order by title but I don't remember. When
the list is redone they will be.

In the The Fiction and nonfiction sections the titles are listed in the order
in which the requests were made, and they are mostly new requests except for
some of the religious nonfiction.

I think the being-scanned list is o.k. now, though I still have to finish
comparing it with the books already in the collection though there shouldn't be
any, since I've removed ones that were newly added and no one should be
scanning anything already in the collection since they should have checked first
 So tomorrow I will start on reorganizing the Wish list, Then I'll get back to
proofing. (after I get Mayrie's books and send her the chapter titles and first
lines.

Amber, do you need anything more from Rashi's daughter: Miriam? It's not due
yet so no hurry

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

From: Jamie Prater <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] more clean fiction
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 3:08 PM

Hi, all, when I joined bookshare a little over a
year ago, I was thrilled to find so many children's books I didn't get to read
as a child and clean Christian fiction as well as mysteries by Mary Higgins
Clark, Phyllis Whitney, and others.  I was happy to note books by Grace
Livingston Hill and Lois Gladys Leppard among the collection.

I did notice, however, that there were maybe only
10 out of dozens of selections by Grace Livingston Hill, and only a few of the
40 plus titles by Lois Gladys Leppard.  I've helped to grow these
particular kinds of books while at bookshare and will heppily continue to do
so..  Some of the Grace Livingston Hill titles I'd love to see added are The
Enchanted Barn, Daphne Dean, Maris, A daily Rate, The substitute guest,
stranger
within thy gates, Crimson roses, A girl from Montana, The finding of Jasper
Dale, and others I can't think of.  I do not know all the titles of the
Mandie and other books by Lois Gladys Leppard that need to be added, but many,
many, many thanks to those who've contributed to this genre.  I wanted to
put this out since we had some new people who liked this type of book.  If
Gwen is already off the list, please, somebody, could you forward this to her
for books suggestions?  Thanks and have a blessed day and happy reading and
volunteering.  PS:  Thanks to all who have put in love inspired and
others lately.