[bksvol-discuss] Re: more book sale finds

  • From: "Allison" <alwaysallie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:00:06 -0500

Oh, I see, gotcha.  So some schools will actually give you names of books they
want you to scan and put up?  Am I following?  That's gotta be stressful-ish
for you guys.

As for kids' books, what about the Caldecotts?  Has anyone been asking for
those?  There are absolutely a ton of kids' book awards out there.  I hadn't
known this until I was on the American Library Association website one day.
Here's a couple I didn't know.  Schneider Family Book Award (best children's
book on disabilities).
Coretta Scott King Award (best by African American writers). Robert F. Sibert
Informational Book Award for nonfiction. And the Stonewall Book Award for best
GLBT children's book.  And these are only the ones I can think up off the top
of my head!  Yah, had no idea there were so many.  We couldn't stay up on them
all, were Bookshare to try for years!

What sorts of children's books are on the horizon?  What are the investor-types
thinking blind kiddies need?  Again, just curious.  It's an elementary ed major
thing I guess.

Best,
Allison