[bksvol-discuss] Re: missing pages--OT Alison Weir's books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:53:18 -0700 (PDT)

That's very odd. I thought it was, too. I could swear
that two copies of the book The Six Wives of Henry
VIII, one by Alison Weir and one by David Starkey were
in the collection. I checked before I took it to read
from the library. But I just checked, both logging in
and not, and now I find the Starkey book with the bare
title of Six Wives but not the Weir one.  Is this a
replacement, Kellie?

I've requested the book. I'll let you know when it
comes in.

I really enjoyed that book. She writes nonfiction in a
nciue readable way, although I found Queen Isabella a
little disappointing, especially in the beginning--for
me it was overly detailed in the beginning--I didn't
need to know how much she spent on everything and each
place she stopped on her progresses and trips--and,
although I did appreciate the fact that she used
primary sources, the constant quotes and footnotes
were annoying.

I'm now waiting to read her Wars of the Roses, though
from a different source, objective, I've been warned
it's from the Tudor viewpoint. Still it should be
interesting and help me to remember what I read
before.

Cindy