[bksvol-discuss] Re: missing pages

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:15:30 -0800 (PST)

Kenneth,

I wrote to Ernie off-list and I, too, have requested
the book.

The third edition was  donated to our used-book store,
and I thought, while we wait for the 6th edition to
come in (I can probably pick up a copy on Tbhursday or
Friday, because my San Diego branch has it and we're
going down then) I'd send the pages from the third
edition if they're the same. However, they're in two
columns, and I can't do that--at least I don't think I
can. I only have the Epson 1660 and ABBY Fine Reader
and if it does two columns and retains them, I haven't
found out how.

The pages in this book are paper-thin; I thought I'd
type the pages, but again, since apparently bookshare
doesn't retain tabbing, I don't know how I'd do two
columns well. In the past I've just turned the two
columns into one.

Cindy