[bksvol-discuss] Re: miracle by danielle steel

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:30:29 -0500

What I do not understand is why a volunteer cannot do this more regularly. Why must these lists be created by paid staff? We have a lot of volunteer good will here. Some of it could be put to use programming perhaps and some to some of these administrative tasks which keep the lines of communication open. What would make the position Marissa held not be suitable for a volunteer position assuming one could be found?

E.

At 06:26 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:

It might well be. Unfortunately, because of lack of
money and thus lack of staff, these lists are updated
only monthly--the last was on Nov. 9. It's too bad one
of the in-house volunteers can't do that on a weekly
basis.

Cindy