[bksvol-discuss] messages sent to topica list

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:29:26 -0500

-Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:45:43 -0400
From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BKSVol-Discuss] Books Awaiting Approval
or in Edit Status
  3/30/04

Jesse and E, your messages went to the topica list. I don't know how many of us
still get that, but  E, I
copied your message and am pasting it here.  I don't know how to translate that
into normal English, nor
did my Ph. D., UCLA professor in Communciations husband when I showed it to
him. He said it's too
vague -- he'd need more info.I was going to say that whoever is interested in
reading the book, which
sounds like a sociology or psych book , or one in itnerpersonal
communications,would probably
understand it and not need it translated.

If you tell me the title and author, I can see if the San Diego Public Library
catalog has summaries and
reviews for this book. Something from one of those reviews is undoubtedly more
in "everyday "English.

Cindy

Does anyone know what the following sentence means?

Michel de Certeau considers the uses to which social
representation and
modes of
social behavior are put by individuals and groups.

This was a synopsis for a book.  I simply do not
understand what the
sentence means in everyday English.

E.