[bksvol-discuss] Re: message limits

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:43:43 -0400

Monica and list, I apologize. It appears I am the culprit of posting too
much to the list, even for on topic messages like questions about the author
or exact title of a book.

I am completely to blame because I am eager to help grow the collection and
to make the wishes for books of others come true. I am one of the few
volunteers who will spend my own limited free time hunting down books that
are hard to find or even not so hard to find to make available to Bookshare
members.

I have been told that in the future if I have questions about books I should
email the person doing the wishing privately and I will do so. If that means
that another person also obtains and scans the same book that I am getting
to scan, then we will be doing duplicate work because the list will not know
I am working on the book. But that's the way it has to be, I guess. Given
that the wishlist grows by leaps and bounds all of the time, I'm guessing it
might not be a problem since there don't appear to be too many others who
are willing to hunt down wishes and get them in the collection.

So again, my apologies. I didn't realize that other people's free time to
read and scan and proof was more valuable than my own free time.

In the future if you have wishes for books please email me privately at
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx so we don't bother the list with extraneous conversation.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Sisterhood of Dropped Stitches by Janet Tronstad