[bksvol-discuss] Re: message boards/forums

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:45:41 -0600

A Message board for bookshare will be as secure as the rest of the site.
As Benetech has some serious intellectual property to protect,  expect
site security to be top notch.  Only subscribers/volunteers  will be able
to access it,  and search engines will never be able to see it.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
12/30/2004 11:37 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: message boards/forums

I would worry about security on message boards or in forums.  We might
squabble sometimes on this list, but people who are not subscribed to it
can't read our messages very easily.  I know hackers can get almost
anywhere, but I feel safer with my email in outlook express.

Sue S.