[bksvol-discuss] Re: mac and message for cindy

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:06:46 -0700

well, I've been out of touch with Apple stuff for a long time. I really liked Outspoken though, because I was able to use a mouse with it, and it gave me a much better sense of what the screen actually looked like than a Windows screen reader usually does. I don't know that it was really any more functional than a Windows system, but it just appealed to me for that reason. I haven't had sight for many years, but I enjoy looking at maps, and my visualization ability is still pretty strong, I think. But for whatever reason, I enjoyed being able to move around the screen and actually know where things were. Perhaps it is not completely rational, but that's the way I felt at the time. Thinking about it now, I think I felt a kind of connectedness to the computer with Outspoken and the Mac that I never got from using JAWS and Windows.