[bksvol-discuss] lost Emails, laddresses, files, books, everything.

  • From: "agoldringtajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:29:06 -0500

Friends,

I hope this never happens to you but apparently a worm went nibbling on my
Windows XP operating system which was suspected but not confirmed untill this
week when it ate my Print Spool Server - literally half of it was gone
altogether and the rest was not what it should be.  It took a friendly
volunteer sending me information and instructions which were excellent and
saved the Dell tech who finally worked on the problem from having to repeat all
of them once he learned what I had done.  It should have worked but the correct
information was not there nor was it in my computer and the worm ate enough,
causing so much damage that the only way to get rid of it was to empty my hard
drive and put in all new programs - basically the programs that Windows XP had
and some of what Dell had put in it but not all of the programs originally
installed nor any of the  programs I bought or installed later.

All of my Outlook Express files and folders, including my address book,  were
gone. All of the emails I had saved were gone.

You need not worry about mail I send as McAfee is scanning it for viruses.
Since I lost all of your addresses  - both the bksvols-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and the other ones many ofyou so kindly shared with me so I could contact you
on non-shareable subjects and/or ones not necessarily relevant to Bookshare.
If you are still willing to share these address but don't have time to write
more now, please send me just an email with the return addresses in the from
and, if needed, the subject line and that will be enough unless you want to and
have time to write more.  I know how busy we all are.

My thanks for your understanding,
Amy