[bksvol-discuss] Re: looking for Laurie Eakes

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:00:07 -0700

Well, just for the heck of it, I googled her & my first hit was a
blind author who just won a 2008 regency award. So I wrote & asked if
she submitted the book & am awaiting a reply. I mean, how common is
the name Laurie Alice Eakes? Mayrie, I also invited her to our
writers' group--hope u don't mind.

While on the subject of writing to blind authors, I also sent a note
to Jim Stovall & asked him if he'd be interested in donating his books
to Bookshare--I'm validating "ultimate life" but there are characters
& words missing &, as always, I'm concerned about doing it justice. &,
Mayrie, just for the heck of it, I invited him to our writers' group,
too. I hope they don't both show up at the same time--yeah, right! But
wouldn't it be fun if published authors, especially blind ones who
face common problems with us, would visit us & share their writing
tips? I think it'd be an absolute gas, allbeit terribly intimidating!

Ok, booksharians, I've done my bit for the good of the organization
today. Off to do some different stuff now.

On 6/1/08, Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't remember seeing her name anywhere, nor do I find it on any of my
> lists.
>
> But I was thinking last night, because of all our conversations on the other
> list about music and all of you who sing, I haven't seen Jana on this list
> lately. Is she o.k.? Just busy or on tour? Does anyone know anything about
> her?
>
> G.Cindy
>
> ***WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS
> AVAILABLE AT
> http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/Book_Requests.htm
> http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
> http://studentpages.alma.edu/~07jmyate/book_requests.htm
>
> A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT
> http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/scanning.html
>
> Jake's site for useful links: http://www.jbrownell.com/bkslinks.html

Jackie McBride