[bksvol-discuss] Re: long synopsis, what kind of file?

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <hunter123@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:41:11 -0500

I do this as well.  I hate to have to go onto Amazon and piece together a
synopsis from bits and pieces of customer reviews.  But I know I like having
the synopsis, so even if I'm validating something I might never want to read, I
feel like I need to read it so as to be able to write a decent summary.

Hopefully, we can get a definitive answer from Bookshare about what can and
cannot be quoted for a synopsis.  I always thought the book jacket was fair
game, since it's put there to tempt someone to buy/read the book.  Also, NLS
includes the book jacket in their recordings, and I think they are covered
under the same exemptions as bookshare.

Lisa