[bksvol-discuss] Re: levels of navigation .... in new books in Bookshare

  • From: "Aidee Campa" <aidee.campa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:21:57 -0700

Hello All:

I think the reason PQ books don't have page numbers for the most part is
because their digital files don't have numbers, or at least the ones that
are meant to be published don't. I've heard sighted people talk about being
"12%" into a book, as opposed to being 20 pages into a book.

Not that this is helpful, because as a student, I love page numbers. They
make doing my assigned reading a lot easier, since it's usually assigned as
"read pages 125 to 149" or something like that, which is hard to do, even if
I have the exact same edition of the book, because I don't have page
numbers, and that also means I can't cite my sources properly when I'm
writing papers.