[bksvol-discuss] Re: levels of daisy navigation in scanned books? And a variety of questions

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:46:24 -0600

Thanks, Lori and Mayrie for your replies.
I shall remove the brackets around the page numbers as you suggest., and Lori,
maybe I shall try to just use the BRF format in my old Book Port.
I enjoy the multi-level Daisy navigation, though. I kind of have gotten used to
it, maybe could even say spoiled. But bookmarks work, too.

And thanks for your positive comment on my scans.
If I can stay focused and have the time I have quite a few books that I think
others may enjoy.  There sure have been an amazing amount of great books to
read over the past several years.  My, oh my!

I still wish I could figure out a way to scan very large books, as I have a
couple that I think would be great to read.
Only way I can figure is to have sighted help and to obscure a portion of the
page each scan. But that takes a lot of time. Maybe someday. Maybe someone
knows a way I have not thought of?

Thanks.
Rik

  From: "ohio1803@xxxxx" <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:38:53 -0700
  To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] levels of daisy navigation in scanned books? And a
variety of questions

  Should we as book scanners ever see the day that we will scan our books and
set the multi-levels of Daisy navigation?

  I sure have been enjoying my own book scanning creating the Part 1 and part 2
as one level, and then the chapter headings as the next level down and so on.
  And this still has the page breaks as navigation, too.

  I think from submitting a couple books, the RTF files do not have that
capability, do they?

  And while I am asking silly questions, some books we are getting to download,
they have the daisy with image version as well as just daisy.
  What is that all about?  Can anyone enlighten me?

  I had been more actively volunteering, and am just returning for a bit with a
few books I wanted to submit and may try to proofread again.
  Are there a ton of changes since say about 18 months ago as far as
proofreading goes?  It seems that might be the case.

  If so, and you have it handy, please post the link to the most fresh version
of the volunteer manual.

  Thanks everyone for all your great work!

  Rik