[bksvol-discuss] Re: let disabled people know they can submit without being members

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:09:48 -0400

I wonder if all k1000 users know they can search for bookshare books without being a paid subscriber?

So many folks who are new to k1000 might benefit from some sort of quick search option available prior to the beginning of the scanning of a book. I know there is one in the menu system but if they could hit a key and have a search done and find the book is on bookshare and get all happy and join and and and

E.

At 06:17 PM 7/29/2006, you wrote:

Elizabeth,

You'll have to define what you mean by member. The system will ask you for login information, but you don't, to my knowledge, need a paid subscription.

And, I don't see what the difficulty in going to the website is to do this task. Kurzweil is not focused on providing features for BookShare volunteers, as much as I wish they were, it's a separate product developed for scanning and reading.

Jake