[bksvol-discuss] Re: last time of explanning info of what jaws is doing with ms words spell checker

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: angel.murphy83@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:08:48 -0500

Hi Angel,

OK, OK, calm down. No need to get all excited. Let me see if I understand you.

First the hotkeys for the spell checker are no longer working, right?

Second, you can tab, but when you activate the buttons nothing happens, right?

I'm not a power user of Jaws, but it sounds like it's not a Jaws problem but it is a Word problem. Can you use the alt key to get into the ribbons? I'm asking because if the alt key is working there, then it's the spell checker. If you can't use the alt-key anywhere else, then something's with your keyboard.

Is there anything else blocking Word on the screen like a pop-up wanting you to update something?

Honestly, Angel, this sounds more complicated than I'm used to, but for my money, it sounds like it's a word issue as opposed to a Jaws one. I could be wrong though.

I will say, though, that if you relax and listen to folks, you may get some good answers. I know it's frustrating, but hang in there.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring