[bksvol-discuss] Re: large print books

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 04:10:14 -0400 (EDT)

Jill

An even stronger suggestion is that the scanner of the book check
themselves for such problems.
As they have the book in hand, they can correct such errors or catch them
prior to submitting and save validators the challenge of guessing.
For me, at least, it is not uncommon to have to either rescan or

re-recognize pages in a book; and I try reading the book as I scan to see
how things are flowing and look for repetitive problems.
I, as the submitter, am in the best place to catch errors; and ultimately
it is faster for me to deal with them than force a validator, if they so
choose, to do so.
And validators are under no obligation to do editing unless they choose to
do so; so I cannot count on that to resolve problems.