[bksvol-discuss] Re: large book

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:15:29 -0500

Hi E,
When I scan books like the one you describe that won't fit on the scanner, I
like to scan first one page with the outside edge flush against the edge of
the scanner glass. Then I flip the book around so that the opposite edge is
against the edge of the scanner. I don't like trying to line the inside
margin of the book up against anything. If the book is narrow enough that
part of the page you aren't scanning is over the glass, it might be a good
idea to put a plain piece of paper or something there so you don't get a
veritable barrage of junk characters. Also, it would probably be a good idea
to set the "keep partial columns" setting to off. That's a good way to avoid
a lot of junk characters.
Kellie