[bksvol-discuss] Re: kurzweil vs. finereader

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:06:05 -0600

Hi, Pam! Try changing the threshold setting to Grayscale for this page. I often do that with book jackets. In fact, I have a settings file specifically for the back covers of books. Sometimes I find that it helps to adjust the brightness a little bit, too. You have to play with the settings in K1000 at first, but once you get the best combination of settings for you, it's worth it. I am also finding the Optimize Scanning feature to be somewhat lacking sometimes. At other times, it really does seem to improve the accuracy. Anyway, don't give up on K1000 just yet! <Smile>

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam Quinn" <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>