[bksvol-discuss] Re: kurzweil finding a file

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:09:22 -0600

I'm not quite sure about what happened from the explanation you wrote. Are you aware that Kurzweil views zip files as though they are folders? That would mean that you might not be able to type in the path of the file you wish to open, since the path would enclude the name and extention of the zip file, which might be confusing.

I would try opening the open dialog and using shift-tab to get back to the folder treeview. Press left arrow until you reach your C drive and then look for your books folder. Hit right-arrow to open the books folder and hit down-arrow until you find the name of the book you are trying to open. Now once you have found it you should get a message saying there are no folders contained within this folder if you hit right arrow again. Now press tab to get to the list of files in the folder and see if the book file is in there. When you press enter on it it should open. If this method doesn't work then there is indeed a problem with the file and you will have to try releasing and redownloading to see if the file works. Obviously if it doesn't work a second time you should probably reject the book with an explanation that the file must have been corrupted.
HTH

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity