[bksvol-discuss] Re: kurzweil again

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:51:27 -0500

Hi Evan,
Before you purchase, you might be interested in trying out the K1000 demo to be sure that it works to your expectations. You can order a free trial edition on their website

wwww.kurzweiledu.com

It has always performed ten times better than OpenBook for me. While it can crash, the most work you will lose is only the work done on a single page. They make a copy of the file in the temporary directory each time you change pages. If the product crashes, the next time you start you are given the option of opening your unsaved work. Very similar to MS Word's recovery feature.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>