[bksvol-discuss] Re: kurzweil 11

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:21:28 -0500

What format is the book you want to move?  If it's RTF, which I assume,
since you can use it in WordPad, just open Kurzweil, bring up the file menu,
press o for open, and when the file list shows, shift tab to get to the
folder list, and choose the folder where the book is located.  Before the
book will show in the list, however, you need to tab down twice from the
list  to "sort by" and arrow down to file extensions in ascending order."
Then shift tab twice to get back to the list.  Arrow through the list until
you find your book.  Then tab to OK and enter.  I'm new with Kurzweil
myself, and have just started using it not quite a week ago, but to open the
manual, press Alt+H to open help, then press O for open manual.  Press
Control-R to bring up the bookmarks list, and you can go down through all
the bookmarks until you come to using Rank Spelling.  It's pretty far over
into the manual, and the markers are structured in levels.  To get only the
chapter titles, left arrow once on the first title within a chapter.  When
you get to a chapter you want to read, just use the enter key.

I hope that helps.

Kathy