[bksvol-discuss] Re: klooge

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:00:58 -0500

Hi Ann!

I used to think that "malarkiface" was your made up word. Is it really in the dictionary?

I just looked it up and neither WordWeb or WordWeb Online found that word. It said:

Sorry, no dictionaries indexed in the selected category contain the word
malarkiface.
You might try using the wildcards * and ? to find the word you're looking for. For
example, use
mala*
to search for words beginning with mala, or
*face
to search for words ending with face

Debby

At 02:02 PM 10/5/2011, Ann Parsons wrote
Hi all,

Not sure how to spell it. I've been on Google and it doesn't seem to come up. Maybe one of you computer geeks can enlighten us as to spelling?

As for definition, a kluge or kluge is a solution to a programming task that is clumsy or put together badly. It's like putting your car engine together with chewing gum and bailing wire. It's malarkiface, something foolish or amusingly stupid made by man, a combination of malarky and artifice.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring