[bksvol-discuss] Re: kerzweil question

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:30:29 -0600

Hi Mary,

I can see how scanning with k1000 would be preferable. But I don't
know if it's the combination of k1000, windows 98 SE and the Epson
1660 or what, but I can optimize the settings and fiddle with them if
necessary in k1000, etc. But then if I scan some pages using the
Finereader engine in k1000, turn around and scan the same pages with
the off-the-shelf version of finereader, do a comparative rank
spelling on both sets,, I usually find that the scan with the
off-the-shelf finereader is more accurate. No logical reason that I
can think of why this would be the case, but it usually is. And with
k1000 I'm also more likely to find garbage at the tops and bottoms of
pages, which is why I was wondering if that problem might be a bug in
the program. I just don't get it. One of those things that gives me a
headache just thinking about it.

Pam