[bksvol-discuss] Re: k1000 and symbols

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:02:31 -0600

Robert,
No, there is no way to get rid of all the junk characters at once. One way to
get rid of a lot is to do a search on the tab character which is \t . You'll
find that the junk is very often either just before or just after this
character. This is a Fine Engine thing. The other engine with k1000 doesn't do
the junk character thing. You said you tend to leave your setting the same no
matter what book you're scanning. Generally, I find that I
get best results when I adjust the setting for each new book. Print
lightness/darkness, paper color, font and size of print all have an impact on
the ocr settings.
Mary