[bksvol-discuss] Re: k1000

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:13 -0600

Robert,  to open a file from a particular folder in Kurzweil,  access the
file/open dialogue.  Press shift-tab to access the folderview.  press up
and down arrows to select subfolders within a folder.  press left and
right arrows to move up/down the folderview.  Press tab   to access the
file list for any folder.  Press F1 on any control if you are confused.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/23/2004 12:47 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: k1000

Hehehe You accidently are complaining about a feature rather than a
negative
aspect of a program.  I am driven nuts by programs that use a combo-box to
make you choose what type of file you want to open, and refuse to show you
anything that doesn't match.  I am always resetting them to show all
files,
which is what Kurzweil does by default.  By the way, if it doesn't say any
extention it means the file is a KES file.

I won't mention any names, but an employee of an organization for the
blind
once told me that a TXT copy of my resume didn't exist on a disk I gave
her
to check for formatting piculiarities.  I was confused for a short time,
but
when I got home I saw both files existed, and realized that she was
neither
smart enough nor trained enough to figure out that Word would not show the
TXT file if it was only set to show DOC files.  I can understand being
confused about that at first, but I would think someone
claiming to be the expert on creating resumes with WORD would be able to
handle it. So much for professionals. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/