[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted the Doula Advantage

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:44:16 EDT

In the context of history the word revisionist is usually used to indicate
that it has been falsified. For example, the holocaust deniers, the ones who
claim that Nazis did not kill Jews, are said to be indulging in revisionist
history.

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted the Doula Advantage
Date:
6/24/2009 2:53:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, Roger, were you writing to me about this book I mentioned, i.e.,
Courtesans and Fishcakes by James Davidson? If so, I used the word to indicate
what
reviewers said about the book. My take on this is that the book was
regarded as refreshing, interesting, thought provoking. I didn't get the sense
the
reviewers were panning the book. The implication was that if you found the
study of the classical world dull as ditchwater, this book would change your
mind. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.

----

Revisionist? Do you mean that it is false?

                                                   "I find capitalism
repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war,
hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted the Doula Advantage
Date:
6/24/2009 6:27:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, Amber, I don't know if you are interested in reading about what
Athenian citizens used to blow their wealth on, but if you go to loc.gov/nls and
search
the catalog, if you write the title "Courtesans and Fishcakes, you will
find a book by James Davidson on that subject. I downloaded it because the
title
grabbed me. This book is not in recorded form but just in web Braille, and
is the author's first book. It got rave reviews in Britain and is a
revisionist
book on the classical world. I don't know if this sort of thing interests
you, but I thought I'd pass it on to you just in case you are interested.
Think
of it as one less book you have to submit or proofread. In case other folks
on the list are interested, they can check out the book at the web site and
download it to their hearts content. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.

----