[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted the Doula Advantage

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 03:27:05 -0700

Hi, Amber, I don't know if you are interested in reading about what Athenian
citizens used to blow their wealth on, but if you go to loc.gov/nls and
search the catalog, if you write the title "Courtesans and Fishcakes, you
will find a book by James Davidson on that subject. I downloaded it because
the title grabbed me. This book is not in recorded form but just in web
Braille, and is the author's first book. It got rave reviews in Britain and
is a revisionist book on the classical world. I don't know if this sort of
thing interests you, but I thought I'd pass it on to you just in case you
are interested. Think of it as one less book you have to submit or
proofread. In case other folks on the list are interested, they can check
out the book at the web site and download it to their hearts content.
Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.

  _____